[texhax] epsilon problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Dec 9 06:26:44 CET 2009

On  8 Dec, 2009, at 19:59, Tom Schneider wrote:

> I have been using \epsilon in LaTeX (looks like a set membership)
> but it turns into a backwards 3 when I switch to
>
> \usepackage{pslatex}
>
> See:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon
> (the 'lunate epsilon' is what I want but the 'open e epsilon'
> is given by pslatex.)

You can try this

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{pslatex}
\usepackage{txfonts}          % comment un-comment this
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{phv}% 4 lines to see you get the
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}% same text result with and w/o
\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{pcr}% them, but \epsilon is right

\begin{document}

abc {\sf abc} {\tt abc} \quad $\epsilon$ \quad $\varepsilon$

\end{document}

Best,

Axel