[texhax] Suppressing intermediary output

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Mon Aug 31 18:39:19 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 08:11:50AM -0700, Pierre MacKay wrote:

   > It's not hardwired into LaTeX. it's hardwired into the basic TeX
   > engine on which LaTeX is based., and a TeX engine without a log
   > file could not be called TeX.  I don't know which operating
   > system you are using, but if it is Microslush, you could add log
   > files to a CClean list and use that occasionally.  For myself, I
   > have often been very glad of the existence of log files, even
   > though I ignore them most of the time.

I use the Makefile on my linux system. Just a make clean will remove all
aux, log, toc, etc files. The advantage is I can call this from the
editor itself.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Quick, sing me the BUDAPEST NATIONAL ANTHEM!!