[texhax] Information about LaTex

Silvia Roque silviacjr at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 11:53:48 CET 2008

Hi!
My name is Sílvia Roque and I am writing a thesis in Mathematics, using Latex at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
But I have small problem. My both supervisors (one from physics, other from mathematics), want me to change the chapter numbers: They want me to call chapter 0 to chapter “Introduction”.
The problem is that I am using a “\documentclass[a4paper,11pt, oneside]{book}”, and it seems that on a document book, Latex allays calls to the first chapter, chapter 1.
Is it possible to change this? I am asking this because I already know that it is possible to change the numbering pages of the document (for example, to put roman numbering on the first chapter and Arabic numbering on the others chapters.)

 Sincerely yours, Sílvia Roque