[texhax] Change in style between chapters

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Wed Jul 23 17:37:52 CEST 2008

I have observed a strange behavior for which I have no explanation.
I am working on a book-length manuscript (using \documentclass[11pt]
{book}) which is put together from many files (for individual
sections) by a master file using \input.  I recently noticed that
while in chapters 1 and 2 the beginning of each paragraph is indented,
this stops beginning with chapter 3.  I have examined the three files
comprising the last section of chapter 2 (in which the last
paragraph---about 8 lines---is indented) as well as the file creating
chapter 3 (with a paragraph of opening text---not indented) and the
one creating the first section of chapter 3 (also not indented).

It would be virtually impossible for me to attach all the files I use
to this email, but I wonder if anyone can tell me what I should be
looking for?  I have certainly not put in anything that I conceive of
as capable of changing the style.  Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155