[texhax] Style

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat Jul 19 15:15:38 CEST 2008

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 10:41:07 +0100, PR Stanley (prstanley at ntlworld.com) wrote:
>> For example, is there a mathematics
>> equivalent of the Harvard system for typesetting essays? It's that
>> sort of thing I'm after.
>
> None that I know of, but as a matter of fact, there isn't much freedom
> in mathematics typesetting. Regarding spacing, Latex does a really
> good job, and one should not have to change anything. (One exception
> is the eqnarray environment, which shouldn't be used, anyway.)
>
> The only thing that I can think of is with regard to formulas that
> must be split in several lines, which can be typeset in a number of
> ways.

there are some recommendations in a small book by Ellen Swanson, it's
called mathematics into type (I think, it's in my office), some of the
recommendation can be seen in my LaTeX book in chapter four (Kapitel 4),
the book is in Danish, but loaded with examples.

http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/

under the beta versions, and no, there are no plans to create an English
version of the book.

Also the algorithms used by the breqn package are build on the same
principles

/daleif