[texhax] tex4ht .htf font files?

Nina Mazumdar nina.mazumdar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 08:22:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nina,
>
> Thank you for your reply!

Welcome.

My original post hasn't appeared on the list yet, amazing!

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Nina Mazumdar <nina.mazumdar at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>> Your problem can be solved by removing the font loading commands from
>> your document.  You may use the default cmr fonts during translation
>> to HTML.  After all, html can easily be controlled by a .css and using
>> garamond in the LaTeX sources do not provide any particular advantage
>> except problems as above.
>>
> The project is for a book and it is required I use these fonts in the
> printed version.

You need to load garamond and frutiger only when you create pdf.
variable.tex combination can selectively load packages as you have
seen.

[...]

>> 3. Create makefile in the following fashion:
>>
>> -------------------- makefile ---------------------
>>
>> FILE=<your filename>
>> ## do not use any extension, just provide the basefile name
>>

>> html:
>>        htlatex $(FILE)
>>
>> pdf:
>>        pdflatex '\def\Status{1}\input $(FILE)'
>>
>> ------------------ end of makefile ----------------
>>
> This is the part I didn't know how to do. This is great and exactly
> what I needed. I use GNU make for all my TeX documents so this will be
> easy to implement.

Open your text editor, cut and paste the above and save it as
makefile.  That is all.  Once you have done this, please issue the
command 'make html' from the prompt.

> Since you seem to know one or two things about tex4ht are all the
> configuration file options documented anywhere? In the documentation
> on my system (FC8, tetex-tex4ht 1.0.2008_02_28_2058-3) it says
>
> "The following are some of the more useful underlying commands of TeX4ht."

You may take a look at:

  http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/docs/ptex-04/ptex04.html

Another way to extract more information is to add 'info' option to
your command to generate html:

 htlatex <your filename> "html,info"

Take a look at the log file, you will have enough information to
configure TeX4ht.  Hope this would help you.

Happy TeXing and best regards

--
Nina