[texhax] ODT to TeX

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Tue Jul 8 13:16:11 CEST 2008

Pierre MacKay wrote:
> Bear with me before deciding that this is hopelessly off-topic.
>
> I believe, and certainly hope that there is a strong future for
> conversion of Open Office ODT format into TeX input source.  Alas, it is
> not easy, and I am struggling with my first attempts.  OpenOffice ODT is
> simply a zipped file of XML files and some other things, and it unzips
> easily, producing the needed files styles.xml and content.xml, which are
> then subject to transformation, using XSLT.

OpenOffice.org already has a Latex converter built-in. Certainly in
2.4.0, possibly earlier. In Writer, it's available under File->Export.

I cannot comment on the quality, I've never actually tried it. I guess
it would be similar to that of other existing X to Latex converters.

--
Nothing is as simple as it seems at first
	Or as hopeless as it seems in the middle

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb