[texhax] Overlays and pdfpages

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Fri Jul 4 16:58:38 CEST 2008

Tom Backer Johnsen skrev:
> I am using beamer to generate slides for a presentation I am doing next
> week.  I would also like to have a handout, and I have looked at the
> pdfpages package.  The problem with that one is that it copies all the
> slides, including all the overlays for each slide.  Is there some way of
> excluding all but one of the overlays automatically?

Try pgfpages in combination with the handout-mode in stead.

\documentclass[handout]{beamer}

% Handout mode
% Remove navigation symbols and save paper
\mode<handout>{%
   \setbeamercolor{background canvas}{bg=black!1}
   \beamertemplatenavigationsymbolsempty
   \usepackage{pgfpages}
   \pgfpagesuselayout{4 on 1}[a4paper,landscape,border shrink=2mm]
}

\begin{document}
\begin{frame}
   \begin{itemize}