[texhax] Latin modern typewriter font and single quotes

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 02:21:00 CET 2008

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>There are several variants of "Courier" available.  But see:
>
>  http://ms25.ath.cx/courier.pdf
>
>URW Courier (red) is compared with IBM Courier donated to X11 (blue).
>This looks like a joke but it's real life.
>
>Regards,
>  Reinhard

Shouldn't lquote and rquote be something different from the straight-up
single "quote"?

In the two courier fonts I can see on my vanilla OpenOffice (admittedly
they are TTF, and I don't know where they come from) U+0027 is a single
vertical typewriter "quote"

In the font called Courier 10 pitch, the paired single quotes are in
U+0060 and U+00B4.
"B4 would be in the range of a 256-char TFM.

Pierre MacKay