[texhax] Previewers and graphics

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 27 13:51:15 CET 2008

It seems that the latest version of Miktex's viewer (the one that comes
with Miktex 2.7) can now handle graphics things like \rotate.  It does
this by entering something called dvips mode. Presumably this means it
runs dvips on the fly and then displays it.  (The installation
automatically installs ghostscript.)

Can anyone tell me whether other recent previewers are doing the same?
I ask this in order to know what to tell users of an online journal site
that I do the tex editing for.  We had previously not even posted the dvi
files of papers that used things like \rotate, but now we should change
the policy.  But I wish to inform the users what will and will not work.

Michael Barr