[texhax] \healine in LaTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Feb 15 21:36:07 CET 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 05:57, £ukasz wrote:

>> [...]

> Thanks for help
> ... i'm already using fancyfdr or fancyheadings ( for
> help i prefer
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/
> fancyhdr.html#Docs
> ;) ) but i like to know somethink more about how to
> for example assemble \box255 to produce nice header
> and
> footline on each side by \output \setbox ...etc.
> and so one( if its possible of course ... i'm just
> begin read about).

You're completely right! That's the best way to approach (La)TeX!

In http://www.tug.org/begin.html look for ``TeX by Topic'' and ``TeX
for the Impatient''. When you want to buy some books, besides,
obviously, ``The TeXbook'', there is ``A Beginner's Book of TeX'', by
Raymond Seroul and Silvio Levy.

Now ---about LaTeX, I think the best you can do is to study the code
in the class you're using.

Congratulations and best regards,

Axel