[texhax] Troubles with the tabbing environment

Christian Grognuz christ at goyman.com
Thu Aug 14 21:18:03 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm parsing some xml to produce a pdf document. I have tags inserted
in a text and I want to replace them with tabulations.
I use the tabbing environment but I'm experiencing 2 problems:

1) When the text before a tab is longer than the distance to the
corresponding tabstop, the tab still positions itself at this tabstop.
This results in having the text after the tab to overlap the one before.

\begin{tabbing}
	\hspace{2cm} \= \hspace{2cm} \= \hspace{2cm} \= \hspace{2cm} \=
\hspace{2cm} \= \kill
	This text is much longer than 2cm\>And this one will be partly
overlapping the first one
\end{tabbing}

2) There is no word wrapping when the text reaches the right margin.

Does anyone know a way to do this?