[texhax] TexLIght?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Nov 18 02:29:19 CET 2007

    Is there are way that TeX can be used (via a CD or something) on
    a computer on which TeX is not installed?

Others already suggested running TeX as part of a standalone GNU/Linux
distribution such as Knoppix.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any CD/DVD on which TeX can be run with
zero config files on local disk.  TeX Live requires this, and I suspect
MiKTeX does too, although I don't know that for a fact.

It would be feasible, though not exactly trivial, to make a 100% live
DVD, but so far no one (to my knowledge) has done it, sorry to say.

Karl