[texhax] font size in display

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri May 18 15:05:20 CEST 2007

  > Well, you're using LaTeX's eqnarray instead of amsmath's align -
  > why?  Have you read a LaTeX manual explaining the use of eqnarray?

If people have to typeset math formulas I always recommend to read the
amsmath manual and forget everything they read in the LaTeX docs.

And I can't resist to say that the way the amsmath manual had been
written
  > In fact, the eqnarray syntax is \begin{eqnarray} a & = & 1 \\ b &
  > = & 2 \end{eqnarray} that is, the second entry should just be a
  > relation.

  > Anyway, amsmath defines a much better array environment and also
  > comes with a perfectly readable manual.

Yes, eqnarray should be avoided.  I recommend to use the onlyamsmath
package whenever applicable.

    http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/onlyamsmath/onlyamsmath.pdf

Cheers,
  Reinhard