[texhax] Animation inclusion in Beamer

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:25:39 CET 2007

On 3/22/07, Anantha rangan <ananta.rangan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear tug support manager, I am a new user of Latex and am using Beamer for
> presentation. I am unware of the procedure of using animated movie files
> which are in Mpeg format.   Since I have aready prepared the presentation in
> Beamer, I would wish to have the details of the package and the way to use
> it ( commands) .Kindly inform me the same.  Thanking you

Download from CTAN, install and use package movie15. Works like a charm.
Be aware that you need to use acroread (Adobe Reader) to present
beamer and acroread itseld does not play movies but calls the player,
so you need to have the player installed and acroread (or OS) to know
whom to call (probably everything is configured already). In this and
pdftex mailing list you can find other discussions about this.

This is a general mailing list and there is no support manager (or
everyone including you is)