[texhax] Font Problems

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Mon Jun 25 08:21:16 CEST 2007

On  25 Jun, 2007, at 01:01, Axel E. Retif wrote:
> On  24 Jun, 2007, at 22:50, John Stevens wrote:
>

>> At present my problem is that I can't find any fonts.  I found a two
>> sheet document listing some 65 odd fonts that are supposed to come
>> with Latex - but I have no idea where they are or if I can use them
>> with plain TEX ?

So sorry! My bad for not paying attention! Well, yes, fonts are in

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts

I don't really know Plain TeX, but for example, to use Times I call
the font with its .tfm name:

\font\Times=ptmr8r

\Times Hello!

\bye

and it works. Look into this directory:

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/

Best,

Axel