[texhax] How to make memoir class chapters start on both even and odd pages?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Mon Jun 18 00:22:47 CEST 2007

Greetings,

I am putting together a book with the simple template pasted at the
bottom. I have noticed that it makes chapters start *only* on
odd-numbered pages. Since this particular book is made of many short
chapters, I end up with a relatively high percentage of blank
pages. How should I change the template to make chapters start
indifferently on odd or even pages?

Any other comment or suggestion to improve the template is very
welcome, of course!

Thank you in advance,
	Marco

\documentclass[6pt,ebook]{memoir}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\textheight 17cm
\title{my title}
\author{my name}
\begin{document}
\maketitle
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Contents}
\pagenumbering{roman}
\tableofcontents
\pagestyle{headings}
\pagenumbering{arabic}
\pagestyle{plain}   % do page numbering ('empty' turns off)
\setlength{\parskip}{8pt}\parindent=0pt  % no paragraph indentation
\clearpage