[texhax] More Beamer questions

Clément Hurlin Clement.Hurlin at sophia.inria.fr
Mon Jan 22 16:47:11 CET 2007

Hi Tom,

> Alle 15:04, lunedì 22 gennaio 2007, Tom Backer Johnsen ha scritto:
> I am beginning to get the hang of Beamer for a course that starts in a
> three weeks time, but there are (of course) a huge number of thisng to
> learn.  Here are a few:
>
> There are a few elements in most or all of the themes for Beamer which
> I would like to eliminate from the slides.  First, if you have defined
> an author and a title for the presentation, these elements always
> appear at the top of the sidebars.  I would prefer to have this
> information on the first frame, using \maketitle.  That would save
> valuable real estate.  Is it possible to use some option like
> "\noauthor" somewhere?
On the first frame you can put \titlepage to make appear author, date,
institute.. About the \noauthor query, there is maybe such an option however
you can customize already existing beamer themes, it is quite
straight-forward. (See files in your latex distribution in the directory
beamer/theme to understand how existing themes work)

> The other thing which I would like to eliminate is the faint
> navigation things close to the lower right corner.  Is it possible to
> supress this part of the slide?
You have to put this in the outer theme you use:
\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}

For beamer related questions you can use :
Latex-beamer-users mailing list
Latex-beamer-users at lists.sourceforge.net