[texhax] \indexspace not always set by makeindex (was: Hyphenation problem with makeindex)

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:42:58 CEST 2007

Oleg Katsitadze wrote:

>> try tweaking \tolerance setting
>> for the index.

Rodolfo:

> Oleg's suggestion seems to work the problem out in the sense that the overfull
> box is avoided, although hyphenation is not done either

...But now another problem:
two different \item(s) in the .ind file are usually separated by an
\indexspace, but sometimes they are not: in the latter case they are much too
near and the result is ugly.  Any suggestion about that?  How to have always an
indexspace between two items?

Thanks,
Rodolfo