[texhax] TeX job (part-time, Chicago north side)

"mitcho (Michael 芳貴 Erlewine)" mitcho at mitcho.com
Mon Apr 2 19:16:32 CEST 2007

Hi all,

My part-time employer is looking to replace me as I graduate and move
out of Chicago. Please feel free to circulate this or get in touch
with me if you have any questions. Thanks!

mitcho

--

The Academic Approach, an exciting Chicago-based tutoring and online
learning firm, is hiring a LaTeX programmer to support the development

Responsibilities:
- continued development of custom LaTeX scripts (perl) and styles,
especially for web output. (40%)
- typesetting and creating figures. (40%)
- curating in-house math teaching manuals, using custom classes and
styles. (20%)

Required:
- intermediate to advanced experience in LaTeX, including style and
class internals and font manipulation.
- intermediate perl experience, including the use of regular
expressions and modules.
- fluency in UNIX command line tools--shell scripting a plus.
- experience creating figures (e.g. xfig, gnuplot, Plot, Illustrator,
Lineform).
- BA in a quantitative field.
- attention to detail and organization. Strong communication skills.

Preferred:
- experience with TeX on Mac OS X.
- experience with ImageMagick, DVI manipulation.
- knowledge of web and database methodologies.
- passion for mathematics education.
- a TeXnician in the sense of Knuth (1984).

The position is part-time with opportunities for growth. It is on site
in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood. Send resume with references to brian at theacademicapproach.com
  and mitcho at mitcho.com .

--
mitcho (Michael 芳貴 Erlewine)
Departments of Lingusitics and Mathematics
mitcho at mitcho.com
5547 S. Blackstone Ave. #2
Chicago, IL 60637
773-341-6321