[texhax] Collection for social sciences and the humanities for TeXLive 2006

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 18 23:13:55 CEST 2006

    Now, it is not clear to me what will be on TL-Social concerning

Your use of "TL-Social" puzzles me.  What Juergen has done is a new
collection within TL, not a whole distribution that will have a separate
existence.

     ... not found. Please input another file name:

I don't know.  But the default is and will be to install all packages,
so a user will have to override that default to run into such issues.

    now I tend towards recommending a procedure for TeXLive
    making use of symlinks. --

No.  Having the symlinks on CTAN is fine, but symlinks would wreak havoc
in TL in many ways -- there are no symlinks in TL outside of the bin
directories, as far as I know.  (I go to the trouble of removing those
symlinks when I updated ednotes from CTAN.)

Best,
karl