[texhax] RE : Re: Text following a curve

H V boite_anti_spam at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 11 15:41:37 CEST 2006

 Thanks, Herbert and Voss,

This works:

\documentclass{article}

  \usepackage{pdftricks}
\begin{psinputs}
   \usepackage{pstricks,pst-plot,pst-text}

  \end{psinputs}

\begin{document}
\begin{pdfpic}
     \begin{pspicture}(-3,-1)(3,5)
       \psaxes[labels=none,linecolor=gray](0,0)(-3,-1)(3,5)
       \pstextpath{%
       \psplot[linestyle=none]{-2}{2}{4 x 2 exp sub}}{%
         This is the graph of the equation $y=4-x^2$ for
         $-2\le x\le 2$}
     \end{pspicture}
\end{pdfpic}
     \end{document}

However, I am afraid I hijacked the original request: which (as I
believe) was to make it inside tikzpicture

That does not work for me : if I make pdflatex -shell-escape on that example, I get the joined pdf.

Indeed, that is not with tikzpicture... but if it's not possible with tikzpicture, I have to try something else :)