[texhax] Text following a curve

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Sat Sep 9 08:55:48 CEST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 9/8/06, E. Krishnan <ekmath at asianetindia.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, H V wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to write a text following a curve in a tikzfigure
> > > environment, but cannot manage.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with the package you mention, but have you looked
> > at the "PSTricks" package  for this purpose? For example,
> Very nice! Is there a way to make it pdflatex compatible?

Unfortunately, you cannot use pdflatex directly on a document using
"pstricks", since the package is implemented using PostScript language via
TeX \special and "pdflatex" ignores non-pdf specials. However, you can get
pdf output by first creating a postscript file using "dvips" and then
using the program "pdflatex".

Another work-around is to use the "pdftricks" package, which uses the
"shell-escape" function of "pdflatex" to separate the "pstricks" code,
convert it to pdf and include it back into the document to produce a final
pdf output. It also has an alternate method of compilation without
shell-escape, using multiple runs and the program "pst2pdf".

--
Krishnan