[texhax] Another question concerning TEX but to a Networked printer via a router/ethernet

Pat phufnagle at blazenet.net
Thu Sep 7 07:40:46 CEST 2006

Greetings to all, and thanks to all of my unknown friends for responding
to my last query.

I did take all of your helpful replies and advice and applied them and
am now printing to my printer via Windows XP, Y&Y tex.

May I query you this, though.
Has anyone ever tried to print from Y&Y Tex to a networked laser
postscript printer via an ethernet router hookup, and all you get on
your printouts is accute accents for every letter and character? I
receive no errors in my DVI window.

I tried printing to a USB HP printer and everything is fine, yet when I
try to print to my high-quality 1200 dpi Postscript Xante 3N Laser
Printer via the ethernet router hookup, all I get on my printouts are
accute accents for every character.

Has anyone ever run across this one?

Thanks again to all and Best!!