[texhax] Best way to include article.cls

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Nov 6 15:51:23 CET 2006

Michael Barr wrote:
 > I am trying to update our journal's class file.  Till now, we have been
 > using the file made for latex 2.09, making the fewest changes required
 > for
 > it to run in latex 2e.  I would like to start by including article.cls.
 >
 > What is the best way to do this?  [...]

 > Is there any general advice on how to do this?

FAQ : Classes that are not part of the distribution are commonly
based on ones that are, and start by loading the standard class
with \LoadClass — an example of this technique may be seen in
ltxguide.cls

Philip Taylor