[texhax] stretch section title in twocolumn

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Tue May 16 14:58:30 CEST 2006

Paul Tremblay <phthenry at iglou.com> wrote:

> > Is there a way to stretch a title to fit across the entire page in a
> > twocolumn document without using the multicols package?
> >

> I guess I just have to use \chapter{title} and customize my \chapter
> settings, something I was trying to avoid doing.

It would help everyone help you if you were to be more specific.  Do you
want the titles in the left column to extend into the right column?
Right column titles to extend to the left?  Only at the top of the page?
In the middle of the page?  Or is there a difficulty with using
multicols (floats come to mind)?  I've fidgeted with this in the past,
but when I saw your question last night I didn't know enough about what
you wanted to answer helpfully.

 -tom