[texhax] Finding packages [was `Count down ...']

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon May 1 13:13:43 CEST 2006

At 04:14 01.05.06, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 04:19:10PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>    >
>   > Anyway, I will see if having it find etaremune and sectsty can be done
>    > for the next TeX Live, at least.
>    >
>That would be wonderful. But I was thinking on something like texhash
>where the dvi/pdf/dtx files can be indexed and retrieved for later use.
>
>On the same lines, on TeXLive, sometimes the packages with full sources
>are there and documentation has to be generated. Can a uniform policy to
>include documentation for all packages be followed? This would greatly
>help when one notices a package and wants to read about it.

I think including the TeX Catalogue would be more feasible.

It is still not clear to me whether it is about getting something
entering "etaremune" or rather "count down enumerate", e.g.
Googling with the latter may (in general) produce too much noise.
Therefore I recommended the topic index of the TeX Catalogue.

A problem with the TeX Catalogue approach is that I sometimes
find packages that are not listed under a relevant topic in the
Catalogue.

Regards,
   Uwe Lueck.