[texhax] status of *.tex to *.doc conversion ?

John Palmer johnp at palmyra.uklinux.net
Thu Jun 22 21:20:00 CEST 2006

I have used latex2rtf.  I was pleasantly surprised by the compactness of
the RTF it produced (compared to what MS-Word produces!) and the rendering
seemed reasonably faithful, within the limitations of the wordprocessor.
I admit I haven't had to deal with much maths or with complex tabular
layouts, and I know latex2rtf is less than a full solution, even for
LaTeX, and does nothing for plain TeX, etc.

Apologies if I'm being ignorant but I guess converting TeX to RTF is a
better strategy than to attempt to directly create Word .doc files, which
are a bit of a black secret.  Is there a dvi2rtf program or project ?

--
John Palmer
Preston near Weymouth, Dorset, England