[texhax] Treating the verbatim environment much like figures

James Smith sf at aleph-one.com
Sun Jul 23 20:59:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using the verbatim environment but would like to treat the listings
it generates a little differently. Specifically:

1) They don't necessarily appear "inline" but are positioned where LaTeX
thinks best, just like figures
2) I can reference them with a \ref and a \label

Ostensibly this will stop me trying to position the listings myself to
avoid them bleeding from one page to the next, which is becoming
laborious as the text is constantly changing.

Kind regards,

Jim