[texhax] HyperTeX tags

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:14:48 CET 2006

On 2/23/06, Oleg Katsitadze <olegkat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear TeX hackers,
>
> I have a couple of questions about hyperTeX tags.  For the
> guide I used hyperTeX FAQ

<skipped>

> Now the problem:  when I open from.pdf (either in Xpdf or
> Acrobat Reader) and click on the link, I am presented with
> the _first_ page of to.pdf, even though the target is on the
> second page.  What am I doing wrong?

I suspect that you are doing nothing wrong. Experimenting with the hyperref and
pdflatex  I discovered that while some web browsers with pdf plug-ins respected
#name while others (and the most strangely, at this time, I have not checked it
lately - Adobe Reader itself) did not. It is not sufficient to have some feature
in pdf specifications and to produce a perfect pdf file, your viewer
should be also
copliant. Could you upload this pdf file on some web server and provide an url
targetting some anchor or page (#Page=13 allows to target a phisical
page without
anchor).

I suspect that even if this is a natural group for this question,
pdftex would be
even better because the questions like this are discussed there more often.