[texhax] shapepar

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Sat Feb 11 16:58:37 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, dch wrote:

> I tried that and get a different error:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \canada
>
> l.6 \shapepar{\canada}
>                       some long text that will be shaped into your foo-shape

If your installation of TeX is new enough, the directory containing
"shapepar.sty" will also contain some "def" files such as
"Canflagshape.def". In your document, after the "\begin{document}", add
the line

    \input{/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/shapepar/Canflagshape.def}

(the path I've given refers to my TeX installation---make changes
appropriate to yours) and then go

    \shapepar{\Canflagshape}

followed immediately (without any blank line) by th text to formatted into
this shape.

> Indeed - if I knew which manual(s) to read.

The manual to read in this case is "shapepar.dvi". If you're using the
TeTeX implementation (which is the default in Linux), you can use the
"texdoc" command to get the (available) documentation of any TeX package.
Try

     texdoc shapepar

If this doesn't work, try the CTAN.

--