[texhax] Misalignment of "tabular" entities

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Aug 3 12:25:26 CEST 2006

At 11:53 03.08.06, Will, Paul (P.) wrote:

>I'm using TeX to create a series of 3 tabular entries on a page but the
>first table on each page is offset to the right about 16pts and I cannot see
>an obvious reason for this in the tex file. The 2 following tables on the
>page are perfectly aligned as expected.

Difficult to answer without having the code of an example.
A simple guess: a \noindent before the first table is missing.
But if this were the solution, I would guess that the layout
should be reconsidered. E.g.: if you don't want to center
the tables, you might better put them into a `flushleft'
environment. (... if LaTeX is involved; otherwise
\par \begingroup \raggedright <tables> \par \endgroup
or so.

Hope this helps -- Uwe Lueck.