[texhax] babel, varioref and hyperref with french option problem

Ignacy Gawedzki texhax at qult.net
Mon Sep 26 18:18:54 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 08:17:12PM +0200, thus spake Ignacy Gawedzki:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to track down the origin of the following problem, without success
> so far.
>
> I get a nasty error when I try to compile the following lines:
>
>   \documentclass[french]{article}
>   \usepackage{babel}
>   \usepackage{varioref}
>   \usepackage{hyperref}
>   \begin{document}
>   \vref{fig:tag}
>   \end{document}

For those interested, I eventually found the solution.

There are some clashes between varioref and hyperref that can be resolved by
"splitting" the hyperref inclusion.

  \documentclass[french]{article}
  \usepackage{nameref}
  \usepackage{varioref}
  \usepackage{hyperref}
  \usepackage{babel}

... as explained in the Hyperref README file. =)

Anyway, sorry for the noise.

--
A person is shit's way of making more shit.
		-- S. Barnett, anthropologist.