[texhax] question: labelling in metapost

krybakov at chass.utoronto.ca krybakov at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 12 05:23:03 CEST 2005

Hi all

This is my first try, so I am not sure how exactly it works. Anyway my
question is about metapost. I am encounting a variety of problem with
labelling my pictures. In particular, the following simple thing are NOT
displayed if I make a metapost picture and then latex the TeX file that
includes this picture: "-" simbol in math mode; any occurence of "fi"
combination in text; simple symbols like "\pi" or "\times". All this makes
labelling in metapost quite a pain. Anything more complicated I am even
not trying to do. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how
this can be fixed. I would appreciate any help. Thanks