[texhax] including remote graphics file

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:40:25 CET 2005

On 11/25/05, Alexander Grahn <A.Grahn at fz-rossendorf.de> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 10:01:14AM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> >Hi,
> >        is it possible to include remote graphis file (something like
> >http://www.somewhere.com/foo.jpg)  in the document

Thank you. I know (and use a bit) movie15 but I definitely did not
know the usage of the smil container.

Unfortunately movie15 has one (big) problem: it is not the part of the
standard TeX distribution (at least as tetex is concerned) and
therefore sending to someone a latex source one cannot be sure that
this package is there. Actually it is true for any package not in the
standard 10-years ago distribution: many departments installed tex
once and patch it if needed without complete upgrade.

The other problem is the need of QT which makes tex documents using
movie15 again
less portable. Surely there is one simple solution: download image.

                            Victor