[texhax] Bilbliography ... [policy]

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Nov 9 22:23:36 CET 2005

At 17:07 04.11.05, Morten Høgholm wrote:
>On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:26:32 -0600, Uwe Lück <uwe.lueck at web.de> wrote:
>
>>\iffalse meta-comment ... just on fairness and policy [continued below]
>
>[snipped rant]
>
>Uwe, I haven't got the faintest idea of what you're trying to achieve here
>other than making Robin stop posting answers.

My impression now is that who was willing did understand my goal.

You may know more about Robin's tendencies to react in certain ways
in certain situations than I do ...
(for me, it is roughly the second time of "this kind").

>Your argument is that maybe it's not so easy to provide a minimal example
>in all cases and that can very well be true for things affecting page
>breaking (footnotes, floats) and memory leaks. In this case however, it is
>pretty obvious that something is wrong in the "thebibliography"
>environment. I claim that it is possible to provide a small minimal
>example for this situation. Do you think I'm wrong making that claim?

Indeed, I used the occasion for initiating a more general discussion.
In some parallel posting, I suggest a 6 line minimal file for this
special proplem.

Best,
   Uwe.