[texhax] Getting pdfLaTeX to use latest version of Acrobat

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 15:31:35 CET 2005

peter flom writes:

> Using proTex on a Windows machine, when I use pdfLaTeX and then view
> the file, it brings up Acrobat Reader 5.  I have Acrobat Reader 7 on my
> computer.  How can I get this to be used?
>
> In some cases, v. 5 has had trouble reading files created by LaTeX, but
> v 7 has not

does this not happen with every pdf you read?  (i would expect it to.)

what happens when you open a file in widnoze is determined by the
file's extension.  for each recognised extension, there's a registry
entry that says what application to use.  when i installed acrobat on
my widnoze machine, i allowed it to take over the relevant
extensions.  perhaps this is not true of the installation on your
machine.

in short, i don't believe this is a tex problem.