[texhax] code environment?

Chris Bourke cbourke at cse.unl.edu
Fri Mar 4 00:44:07 CET 2005

What packages would people recommend for typesetting pieces of code?  I'd
like an environment that acts like verbatim, ignoring the special LaTeX
characters and printing exactly as I type it in a typewriter text font.
However, I want the environment to play well with others (as opposed to
verbatim which cannot be nested or placed in certain other environments).

It would be nice too, if there were good looking options (like numbering
ala the figures, typesetting them in boxes, etc).

Chris Bourke
cbourke at cse.unl.edu
http://www.cse.unl.edu/~cbourke