[texhax] two questions

Phil Parker phil at math.wichita.edu
Tue Jul 19 08:21:32 CEST 2005

On 07/18/2005 at 09:59 AM, Zbigniew Nitecki <zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu>
wrote:

>2.I want a bibliography (created by bibtex) and an index (created by
>makeindex) to appear in the table of contents.  However, an
>\addtocontentsline command immediately preceding the commands creating these
>two items gives the page preceding the correct one.  Is there a way to
>generate the correct page number in the table of contents?

I assume you meant \addcontentsline; this is what I used in my book done with
book class:

\begin{thebibliography}{999}
 \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Bibliography}

I redefined the main index command so as to include some text about our index
conventions on the first page of the printed index, and took advantage of the
opportunity to do a similar addition there.

As this was almost 10 years ago, there are probably better ways now.

--
    Phil Parker
URL http://www.math.wichita.edu/~pparker/