[texhax] Question....

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 3 15:10:44 CEST 2004

    Are the Postscript packages included in the TEX-Collection or the CTAN
    distributions?

I assume you meant the 35 standard PostScript fonts which originally
come from URW.  The answer is yes, they are on both (and included in
every other TeX distribution I know of).

    And if they are includeds and I sign up now, when can I expect to
    receive these disks..

If you're talking about signing up with TUG, probably a few days?
Depends on the post office, usually we ship within a couple days of any
order.

    Instead of waiting for snail-mail can I just down load them?

Certainly.  To download them by themselves, CTAN is the best,
www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/urw/base35, among other places.

Installing them from scratch into a running setup is not the easiest
thing in the world, there are hints in the Type 1 Installation Guide
(ctan/info/Type1fonts) and Formatting Information (ctan/info/beginlatex)
documents.

Or you could download a complete distribution.  See
http://tug.org/begin.html for some recommendations on that.

HTH,
karl