[texhax] help please!

Nava Cooper ncooper at gpci.com
Thu Mar 18 16:22:44 CET 2004

Hi Karl,

I am also sending this note to the support and texhax addresses, because
I received so many helpful emails that I can't reply to them all
individually, but I did want to express my thanks to everyone who took
the time to write to me!

With all the advice I received (from here and comp.text.tex), I was able
to get up and running with MikTeX and WinEDT.  And after finding out
that our equation editor (MathType) can translate its equations into 4
flavors of TeX and LaTeX, I was able to copy  my boss' document into
notepad (so it would be plain text) and then process it into LaTeX
rather easily, using the equations from the Word document.  So yes, it
requires me to have 3 or 4 programs open at a time, but after what I've
been through this week, I won't argue with success! :)

So, I just want to say thanks, and I look forward to learning more! But
I know where to turn for answers when I hit a brick wall. :)

Nava Cooper
Assistant to the CEO
General Patent Corporation