[texhax] problem with info command

Ian.Collier at comlab.ox.ac.uk Ian.Collier at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 11:41:38 CEST 2004

brock at quantifier.org wrote in texhax:
>i guess this is interesting.  I've never really looked at this before.  if
>it's looking for info at /usr/bin/info, just make a symlink to it.  do a

>which info

>to find out where it is (mine's at /usr/info which is a symlink to
>/usr/share/info, and so is yours, i gather), just do a

>ln -s /usr/share/info /usr/bin/info

I would not advise this.  /usr/share/info is a directory containing
info-files, while /usr/bin/info is a program for viewing info-files.
Besides, the original poster said that /usr/bin/info is missing, so
"which info" would most likely not be able to find it.

If the debsums package is installed, type "debsums info" to find out
whether the info package is properly installed.  If it spots an error,
you may have to reinstall this package.

Without further info (pun not intended) it's a bit difficult to help.
But /usr/info (or /usr/share/info) is most likely a red herring if
the error message is referring to /usr/bin/info.
--
---- Ian Collier : imc at comlab.ox.ac.uk : WWW page below
------ http://users.comlab.ox.ac.uk/ian.collier/imc.shtml