[texhax] Adjusting parentheses for intervals and functions

Ian.Collier at comlab.ox.ac.uk Ian.Collier at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 12:55:39 CEST 2004

pgt at arcor.de (Plamen Tanovski) wrote in texhax:
>PS: nicefrac sucks. It uses the virgule instead of the solidus. This
>may be OK for CM, where the solidus also sucks (compare with the
>fraction bar in the percent sign), but for the rest of the fonts it is
>simply wrong.

Forgive me for asking, but what /is/ the difference between "virgule"
and "solidus"?  Which TeX chars are we talking about?

The TeXbook doesn't seem to make any distinction between those words,
and neither does my dictionary.  (It all sounds a bit like a case of
"ocean grey vs military grey"...)
--
---- Ian Collier : imc at comlab.ox.ac.uk : WWW page below
------ http://users.comlab.ox.ac.uk/ian.collier/imc.shtml