[texhax] Help with user fonts

John A. Dundas III dundas at caltech.edu
Thu Apr 29 22:19:48 CEST 2004

All,

 From a previous Unix installation of TeX, I have my own .pfb's,
psfonts.map, dvips prologues, tex inputs, etc., files that I would
like to retain and use.

I have installed TeX 9/2003 in its default configuration on my Mac OS
X 10.2.8 system.  The default TeX appears to work correctly.

My question is: how do I override the TeX defaults for the above
files?  I'm sure it's in the documentation, but I can't seem to find
it.  I would think there are a few environment variables I could set
that would name user-local directories to be searched before the
system defaults.  Is it that simple?  Could you provide examples or
pointers to the relevant documentation?

Thanks,

John