[texhax] Has anyone created bilingual translations with a tex package.

Pierre MacKay mackay at cs.washington.edu
Sun Sep 7 21:31:12 CEST 2003

You could look at _Proclus on the Eternity of the World_ published by
the University of California Press in 2001.  I set that for facing translation
from both Greek and Arabic. If it is the sort of thing you are looking
for, I can give you some pointers.  It cannot be fully automated (or
perhaps it is better to say that the effort would not be worth it).
You have to accept pages with ragged bottoms, and you have to know
both languages quite well to make it work.  But it does work.

Pierre Mackay
(Humanist Typesetting and Graphics, Inc.)