[texhax] Simple question?

Prof. Sudhir R. Ghorpade srg at math.iitb.ac.in
Sun Sep 7 04:15:47 CEST 2003

I just tried the solution of Ian Collier:

> \section{A numbered section}
> {\makeatletter\c at secnumdepth=0 \section{An unnumbered section}}
> \section{Another numbered section}

and it works beautifully. The way I see it (from my naive point of view)
that \section* with \markright works well but I need also:
 \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{An unnumbered section}
to make the table of contents work out right. The above solution (and
in all fairness, the more involved solution of Robin Fairbairns, which
I did not try) works and there is no need for \addcontentsline.

Thanks again to all the experts out there.

Sudhir

srg at math.iitb.ac.in
http://www.math.iitb.ac.in/~srg/