[texhax] help on latex to amstex conversion

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Wed Oct 1 10:06:15 CEST 2003

stefan valovic writes:

    I'm searching for help. My colleaques received a paper in LaTeX, but they
    use AmsTeX and they want to prepare their proceedings in AmsTeX (and also
    all other papers are in AmsTeX). Could you help me, I want to know, if
    there exist some conversion utility that translates LaTeX to AmsTeX.

unfortunately, i know of no conversion utility for
translating latex to ams-tex.  the ams, in fact, has
taken the position that papers appearing in ams
primary journals are produced in ams-latex, converted
or rekeyed if necessary.  support of the ams-tex
packages will continue, but ams-latex is definitely
preferred for submissions from authors.
							-- bb