[texhax] Help for my book!
merc at mobily.com
Mon May 5 16:59:11 CEST 2003
first of all, sorry for attaching a file...
I wrote a collection of short stories (in Italian). I would like to create
a PostScript file, in order to print it in a book-like fashion with psbook.
I did my very best, and I believe I got quite far (I started from
scratch!). But now, I have seven problems I am really stuck with... :-(
I am probably going to ask very lame questions. I apologise in advance...
Anyway, here is the list of problems:
1) Page numbers should start from the preface (Prefazione), not before
2) The word "capitolo" at the beginning of each short story and from the
TOP of each page should go - they are short stories, not chapters of a
book! It would be nice to keep the short stories' titles at the top of each
3) Each chapter *must* start from an even page (right page). If chapter 4
finishes on a odd page (on the left), there must be two blank pages, and
then chapter 5.
4) Possibly, the numbers next to each short story in the "contents"
("Indice") should go
5) There should be no page number on the blank pages. And... is there a
better way to have blank pages...? (I feel that I am cheating a little bit...)
6) The last page, that is the back cover, should *always* be on the right
7) The warning messages such as:
    
Overfull \hbox (1.88968pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 373--374
\OT1/cmr/m/n/10.95 Forse sta-vo moren-do, e moren-do mi furono do-nati sprazz
Should be fixed...
The best thing to do would be to correct the result.tex file.
If you can give me any *partial* help, that would be really appreciated.
Any pointer to useful pieces of information will also be highly appreciated :-D
THANKS A LOT AND BYE!
The file cover.eps is 0 bytes to avoid sending a big file to the mailing
list. Please ignore the warning message by LaTex!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 27347 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/attachments/20030505/8e830bc1/help4.bin
More information about the texhax