[texhax] Makeindex has problems with \baselineskip?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 4 20:12:17 CEST 2003

    the Index title is stretched over the entire first page,
    whereas the Index itself is output away on the next page without title.
    How can I work it out?

There is no simple answer to this, it depends on exactly what your
document is doing.  The only advice I can offer from your description is
to turn on logging so you can see exactly what is being done differently
in the two cases.

Since you're using eplain (happy to hear it :), I suggest sending the
document to tex-eplain at tug.org for more assistance.

Regards,
karl