[texhax] file conversion from latex to rtf

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 11:05:23 CEST 2003

> I would like to know the best way to convert latex to rtf format.
> I am using equations and special symbol and characters.
>

> latex --> rtf
> latex --> text
>
> pdf --> rtf

see http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fmtconv+toascii
(you could have found this out for yourself, from the automatic list
sig to any message on texhax).

i know of no free tool that deals satisfactorily with equations; i
don't know about "special symbols" -- i suppose, in principle, if
everything was unicode-encoded, one could make a decent shot at that.
unfortunately, not many latex documents are unicode encoded (though
i've noticed several recently that are utf-8 encoded using row 0
only).